Rename the organization
To rename an organization, go to "Settings", then click on the "Rename the organization button". Enter the new name then click "OK".
Logo and color
In the "Settings" section, you can upload your logo (company, association, etc.).
You can also change the main color of the organization portal. The color you choose will then be applied by default to any new spheres you create in the organization.
Type of organization
It is possible to define the type of organization: company, association, school or other.
When creating an organization, default spheres are created based on the type chosen.
The description is a short text that is displayed under the name of the company in the portal.
The public portal is a public page for an organization. It can be diffused to allow users to connect directly to the organization.
If the "Invitation request" option is enabled, non-member users can make a direct request to join the organization.
If the organization has the Premium pack enabled, they can also create a personalized website using the CMS (see "CMS" page for more information).
A charter is a document that must be accepted in order to access the organization. This could be a code of conduct, for example.
Once defined or modified, the charter is displayed for all users at their next connection to the organization, and must be validated.
It can be deleted if no longer necessary.
You can personalize the emails that users receive when they join the organization. The text can be different depending on whether the person is a member or a visitor.
Texts can be formatted using Markdown.
The following options can be enabled or disabled:
- Video conference rooms (enabled by default). A video conference room can be attached to each of the spheres in your organization.
- The types of messages (all enabled by default). Not all types of messages are relevant for an organization. You can disable certain options so that users cannot access them.
- The mention "I dislike" (checked by default)
- Restriction of the features "create an event" and "create a survey" to administrators and content managers (unchecked by default)
- Creation of spheres by members (enabled by default)
- Sphere box (enabled by default)
- Personalize the list of types of events
- Alert managers by email if blacklisted words are used in an organization sphere. Indicate the blacklisted words in the field, separating them by a comma.
Automatically accept emails
An email domain can be added. Users with addresses from the selected domain, who request to join the organization, will automatically be accepted.
Badges are a way to recognize a skill. The person who receives them can decide to display them in their spheres and profile.
Two types of people can offer badges: managers and creditors. To assign someone either of these roles, go to the "Members" page. You can not offer yourself a badge.
An organization manager can see which badges have been offered to members by consulting the list of members in the "Admin" section.
Creation (by managers)
To create a badge, go into the organization "Settings". In the "Badges" section click on "Add a badge" and fill in the requested information:
- an image
- name of the badge
- a description (optional)
- indicate if the badge is active (can be assigned to someone)
You can also modify or delete an existing badge here.
Assign a badge
Once a badge is created, you can assign it:
- In an organization sphere, click on the "Give a gift" icon in the message box
- Choose the badge to assign
- Write a message and mention the recipients
- Click on the "Share" button
A new message is displayed in the sphere, with the name of the badge, the image and the recipient(s).
Users can see which badges they have received in which organizations by consulting their "My badges" section (available by clicking on your avatar, top right of page).
You can enable or disable the following options:
- Agenda on the portal (enabled by default)
Sphere members will have an overview of the events created (in the right hand column).
- Resource management
- Sponsored inserts in the organization (displayed by default)
- Member directory (displayed by default)
- Email addresses visible in the list of members and visitors (displayed by default)
- Do not send email/mobile push notifications for anonymous messages
- Authorize message legacy (disabled by default)
- Create events without a price
- Redirection to a portal or global sphere page when someone signs up following an invitation (members homepage by default)
- Redirection to a portal or global sphere page when someone connects from an external portal (members homepage by default)
Personalization of interfaces: Color palette
The color palette allows you to personalize several graphic elements within your organization.
- Main color (The cube representing your organization, the title bar of your homepage, as well as the default color for your spheres, will all be in this color.)
- Text on a colored background (normally white)
- Color of the icons in the header (black by default)
- Large titles on the portal (h1, h2, h3) (CMS only)
- Small titles on the portal (h4, h5, h6) (CMS only)
- Web links (CMS only)
Personalization of interfaces: Portals
You can define a banner in the header and/or footer of the organization portal page.
Personalization of interfaces: Background
You can add a background image or color on the portal.
You can also personalize the style of the emails sent from Whaller, for communications within your organization. The header banner will be taken into account (if defined), as well as the main color of the organization.
Quizzes can be attached to messages. They are available in multiple choice or short answer free text formats. For more information, please refer to the "Quizzes" page.