List of rights
(*) Except if right or write restriction (at organization or sphere level).
(i) Action possible via the organization's management pages
Publication managers have access to part of the sphere parameters
On Whaller, there are 4 generic functions, 4 secondary roles and customizable roles.
Manager : The manager has the broadest administrative rights over an organization, its members, spheres and tools.
Administrator: A sphere administrator has rights within his sphere: moderation of messages, invitation of members, settings, etc.
Member: A member has participation rights in the spheres.
Visitor: A visitor is an external member of the organization, he can only belong to the spheres that can receive visitors. Within the sphere a visitor will have the same options as a member however they will not have access to the organization portal.
Publisher (sphere) : A sphere member can be named "Publication Manager" by a sphere administrator which will give him/her access to part of the sphere settings.
CMS Author (organization): A member can be named "CMS Editor" by an organization manager, so that he/she can write CMS articles on the internal portal.
Creditor: A member can be named "creditor" by an organization manager which will give him the rights to attribute awards within the spheres (badges, points).
Seller: a member can be named "seller" by an organization manager which will allow him/her to process orders in the store.
In a sphere, a visitor can:
- Post a public or private message/comment
- Modify his posts
- React to a post (like/dislike)
- Raise a post
- Create a poll or an event
- Detach a conversation in the chat
- Report abuse
- Use all the tools in the header bar
- Invite visitors
NB: Unless restricted by rights or writing restrictions (at the organization or sphere level).
A member has the same rights as a visitor described above, in addition he can :
In an organization :
- Access the internal portal of the organization
- Create a sphere
In a sphere :
- Invite members or visitors
NB: Unless restricted by rights or write access (at the organization or sphere level).
An administrator has the same rights as a member described above. He also has rights on the configuration of a sphere, according to the organization options defined by the manager.
In a Sphere, an administrator can
- Delete a Sphere
- Access Sphere settings
- Accept input requests
- Add/Remove an administrator
- Remove or block a member
- Assign/remove a Publisher
- Access to the Sphere's Analytics
- Create, delete, administer a group
- Force an email notification to be sent
- Delete a tag
- Delete a post
- Pin a post
- Offer a reward
- Create sphere widgets
NB: Depending on the organization settings defined by the manager.
A manager has 100% rights on an organization.
He therefore has the same rights as a sphere administrator, if he goes through the management pages in the "Spheres" section.
- Access to the management pages of the organization, via the organization portal
- Set up/Configure/Delete the organization
- Administer spheres (Exposure, type, visibility)
- Add/remove managers/administrators/other roles
- Pass a visitor member (and vice versa)
- Assign badges/points
- Create/Manage roles and select a role on invitation
- Write a CMS article in the portal
- Define custom profile fields
- Create organization widgets
- Access Analytics for the organization (and its constituent spheres)
A CMS editor has the same rights as a member, he can also :
Within an organization
- Create, modify and delete CMS articles
A creditor has the same rights as a member, he can also:
In a sphere,
- Award gifts (badges, points)
- Reward a message (points)
A publisher has the same rights as a member, he can also :
In a sphere,
- Pin, move up and delete messages
- Force the sending of messages by e-mail
- Edit the description of the sphere
- Edit an information banner
- Edition of a sphere charter
- Activation of private exchanges
- Activation of classified ads
- Display of the members' insert
- Settings of "tools" (visio-sphere, events, tasks, files etc)
- Settings for "notifications
- Actions on files in the file box ...
A seller has the same rights as a member, he can also :
- Process orders placed in the store
CUSTOMIZABLE ROLES WITH SPECIFIC RIGHTS
A manager has the possibility to create specific roles for an organization, and to activate or not the following rights:
- Create spheres in the organization
- Add a person to the network without validation of the manager
- Moderate blacklisted messages
- Select a role on invitation
- Exclude a member
Updated on: 06/03/2023